What are the benefits of renting?
Renting gives you an affordable way to access professional equipment for a short term. This is a great option if you're looking to try out different gear before investing in your own, just learning, or need take some extras with you on a professional shoot.
What do you rent out?
We have a large selection of cameras, lenses, lighting and audio equipment available. Our main categories are:
- Photography Rentals (eg. cameras, lenses, accessories)
- Video Rentals (eg. video cameras, production equipment, tripods and dollies)
- Lighting and Studio Rentals (eg. lights, modifiers, backdrops)
- Audio Rentals (eg. sound recorders, microphones)
How do I apply?
Applicants can fill out our form online, but before you get started, take note of the documents we require you to upload during the process.
- South African ID
- Proof of residence less than 3 months old. We accept utility bills (water, electricity, rates), bank statements, signed lease agreements, telephone accounts. For businesses, this needs to be in the company name.
- Registered businesses are required to upload company registration documents.
What does it cost?
Rentals are priced per day. The total cost is based on the duration of the rental.
Do I need to pay a deposit?
To confirm your rental booking, a 30% deposit (of your total rental cost) is required. The balance is due before collecting the equipment from us.
A refundable 30% breakage deposit (of your total rental cost) is also required, either before or when collecting the equipment from us. This is refunded once all of the equipment is returned on time and in good order.
Once I apply how long does it take?
Applications take 48 hours (or 2 business days) to process. We need to do background checks before we can approve applications and this can take a while. The more reliable the information you provide the better. If we can't get hold of references or if your supplied documents aren't clear to read, this can hold up the process.